Saturday, December 2, 2006

Denis the Dcuk(TM) Arrives at My Heart's Fancy

When I first arrived in this country, I was sent by my guardian to a special orphanage where many matchmakers gather to hunt for a variety of rare and beautiful treasures. My orphanage was located in Dallas and as a prime example of my species, I was destined to remain at the market until my handsome looks should begin to fade. Early in March of 2006, I was fortunate to catch the eye of one very cagey buyer who was willing to pay a rather unusual ransom for me - a ransom of friendship.

Thus begins the story of my new life in the United States of America, a former colony of my homeland, England.

The ransom paid, my journey from Dallas to Oklahoma City began. The 3-1/2 hour journey by auto was uneventful. Being something of a wild child, I was a
wee bit disappointed. Upon our arrival at my new home, My Heart's Fancy, I was given an impressive title and job - "Official Greeter and Guard Duck". As official guard and greeter of all who stop to shop here (a job of which I am truly worthy), I sit high atop a shelf where I can see and be seen. One shopper commented that I was well arranged. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm sure it attests to my good looks.


On occasion, I get to travel with my owner. I'll tell you the story of Bedlam Baseball when next I post. Until then, enjoy all that life has to offer you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denis the Duck is adorable! It was a pleasure to meet him, and of course his two absolutely fabulous owners on vacation. Thanks for all the laughs and beautiful memories! Love always,

"Captain" Jac xox-