Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mexican Me!

Did I ever have an adventure last May! I hid in my owner's tote bag when she wasn't looking cuz I heard her saying she was heading for Mexico for the weekend and you know me, I'm not getting left out of anything! I thought I was caught when she snapped a picture of The Man at the DFW airport, but I DUCKED back inside before she noticed. Whew! I really didn't relish the idea of spending the weekend in an airport locker. I almost made it undetected, but darn her, she just had to get out that book to read. I got the "no squawk please" look and had to sit carefully stowed under the seat in front of her for the rest of the flight.

After arriving at the resort, I was allowed free range of the balcony to stretch my legs and wings. What a view of the beach! After dinner "M" and The Man brought me the cutest red velvet sombrero (forgiven at last!) so I showed off to the towel swans who weren't the least bit impressed. I guess they've seen enough tourists by now.

I finally got to spread my toes in the sand after snorkeling with the sea turtles, sting rays and various other sea creatures. M & The Man said this was some really great snorkeling. We saw big sea turtles everytime we went out. We saw "Barry" the Barracuda several times and you shoud have seen the "Wall of Fish" we were surrounded by! We even went night snorkeling and I saw a baby octopus! I gained about 100 lbs eating at the all you can eat buffets (breakfast, lunch & dinner - I didn't miss one meal). Being a very European resort (I swear we were the only Americans there) we were subjected to way too much topless sunbathing. NOT A PRETTY SIGHT!


On the flight home we were bumped to "business class" where I enjoyed hot towels and wine. I drunkenly said good-bye to Mexico out the airplane window, and headed for home. I hear there may be an adventure in Belize planned for the future. If so, I'll have to be far more clever at hiding. I'll let you know what develops.

No comments: